- I don’t like to use plastic bags from the supermarket to carry my food home.
- Nor do I like all the other packaging that comes with my food.
- If I do not take any plastic bags from the supermarkets, then in what do I put my food waste and other waste products ?
- I love trees too, so I don’t want to use paper bags instead.
- How am I to receive all the liquids I use like home cleaning items, shampoo etc., without the use of plastic packaging ?
- How should I support recycling efforts ?
Solutions that I plan to do much more of :
- Take my own bags to the supermarket.
- Buy unpackaged food where possible, especially fruit and vegetables.
- Eat in restaurants, rather than takeaway and bring my own Tupperware for takeaways.
- Try and buy food delivery items from restaurants that use recycled and recyclable packaging.
- Shop at zero-waste stores for all items I can buy there.
- Use an iPad and iPencil for all notetaking and signing of digital documents (recommend the app Notability).
- Save documents to my computer and backup to cloud and avoid printing unless completely necessary.
- Switch to bamboo-based tissue and toilet paper.
- Use public transport as much as possible and when possible, use green transport.
- Learn more about how recycling works. Grateful if those more knowledgeable can post here.
- Use ecofriendly washing and drying balls and other ecofriendly house cleaning materials.
- Avoid impulse purchases and wait 24 hours to ask myself if I really want to purchase another belonging that will clutter my mind.
- Eat more of a plant-based diet.
- Look into home friendly improvements including smart cooling or heating systems, high insulation windows and doors, and solar panels.
Please recommend more or add your own commitments below.