I listened recently to a masterclass by John and Ocean Robbins.
Some key takeaways from their course are :
- They recommend eating mostly plant-based, particular fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Coffee is surprisingly the number one source of antioxidants in the American diet. People who drink coffee tend to live longer, have sharper brains with lower rates of Alzheimer’s, are less likely to get type 2 diabetes, and have lower rates of obesity, heart disease, and cancer.
- Mushrooms are extraordinarily potent in helping to prevent and to fight certain forms of cancer, including stomach, colorectal, prostate cancers and particularly breast cancer. Women who consumed at least one-third of an ounce of fresh mushrooms every day, were 64% less likely to develop breast cancer. Women who combined eating mushrooms with regular consumption of green tea saw an even greater benefit. They reduced their breast cancer risk by an astounding 89%.
- Berries are particularly good for delaying cognitive aging, and for helping to prevent cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Beans are an excellent source of protein and fibre. To prevent the issue of gas, it is recommended to soak them for 24 hours, refreshing the water occasionally and rinsing them, before cooking them well.
- Of course, eat your Greens as well. These help to prevent cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, dementia, osteoporosis, and nearly every other major. They also help with bone health, sharper eyesight, and muscle strength.
- Spices, my favourites being garlic and turmeric, may help prevent Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, reduce unhealthy levels of inflammation, protect against heavy metal toxicity, and even lower heart disease and cancer risk, and help prevent the regular flu.
That’s only part of what they presented. John and Ocean have lots of great articles at : Food Revolution Network, including currently access to a free masterclass and other excellent courses.